"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dresser in Linen

I've been wanting to paint this dresser for a long time.  I bought it right after I graduated from high school in 1995.  I finally decided that Annie Sloans' Linen was the color I wanted it to be.
Now before anyone gets too upset that I am painting a lovely wood dresser, I thought I'd share with you some of her blemishes that I've lived with for years.
I covered them up with linens on top of the dresser now I am ready to clothe her in 'Linen' and some dark wax.
I love how the dark wax just enhanced her natural beauty :)
I am really pleased that the hardware looked great against the Linen.
Sigh!
Simple and Lovely!

7 comments:

  1. Was this in Wilson's bedroom? Beautiful look now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresser turned out beautifully. Love that dark wax finish. However I am feeling a bit old. You graduated from high school the year I celebrated 20 years of teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresser looks fabulous. I love it!


    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! Love it.
    Sorry I'm just now letting you know my mini quilt arrived safe and sound. It's been a crazy couple of weeks around here! Thanks so much, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the right colour for this piece. I love the "columns" on each side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dresser look beautiful Tammy. Nice job, Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I wonder what color that is. We don't have Linen (in Europe). It has a different name.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.