"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Our Trip to Lititz

Today was the first day this summer that we actually took a day trip together as a family.  It was so nice to be together.  We went to Lititz, Pa.  There was a huge craft show going on. 

It was so nice to walk around the town and look at the beautiful homes.  Most everyone seemed to have taken real good care of their properties.  It was very Norman Rockwell .... until we hit the craft sale part.  The vendor's tents took away from the small-town America feel.  It was actually a bit overwhelming at moments.


 I was surprised at how much my preference of crafts has changed over the years.  I still loved all of the primitive, country crafts, but I was more drawn to the rustic antique vendors. I loved the smell of these wreaths!  It brought back memories to our whole family of staying with a dear friend in Connecticut.  Funny how smells and memories go hand in hand...some good and some bad...this memory was very good :)


 The highlight for one of the boys was flipping the back seat on our 'new' van to eat lunch.  Really these kiddos are the greatest!  I love my family!  


We actually ended the day going through a huge Antique mall.  We didn't even get through the whole mall before it closed.  
How was your Saturday?

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day. I don't like crowds so I would get over whelmed too. I just hate it when people are rude. So glad you are enjoying your new van.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go to the Chocolate store ? My favorite store in Lititz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been gathering up the "cutesy" crafts from long ago and either renewing them or donating. My tastes have gone back towards primitives with a twist. Such a lovely family day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.