"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

My Painted Piano

 We got a free piano via Facebook Market Place.  It sounds beautiful, but I was not liking the 1970's basket weave it had and the gold jewelry.  I decided to paint it using Annie Sloan's Charcoal.  I know I am not the first to this, so it was great getting on Pinterest and seeing all the great colors people chose.  I didn't want my piano to be a focal point in my home...so black it is.
 Here is a better pic of the basket weave.
I needed to replace it with some thin pieces of wood. 
 When cutting it chipped really easy!
I knew the paint would cover any blemishes I did to the wood.
 Painting it was easy.  I used two coats to cover the piano.
I knew using the Jacobean wax from Fiddes and Sons would give it the rich black look I was going for.  I did no want a shiny piano.  It just is not me.  If you want a shiny look, do NOT use chalk paint--it is not Glossy.
 Here it is painted and buffed.  You can see that it is not quite that glossy, shiny finish, but the buffing does shine it up some.  I love the new jewelry (knobs) I bought at a local prim gift shop.
I am enjoying the new look!
Now to find a real piano bench.

1 comment:

  1. Love this transformation, Tammy. The dark finish looks much better than the dated basket weave!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.